Monday, April 6, 2009

A Heart Like Her Daddy's

Every morning after Brenley eats breakfast, we go back into my bathroom so I can get ready before the other babies show up. We have our little routine things we do every morning. I turn on the water, set my towel out, put the dog food up so she can't get into it, and I get out her toothbrush and toothpaste...she loves to brush her teeth. Before I ever get into the shower she asks me for more toothpaste, and then as soon as I get out it's the same, "Mor Mor." I love how she talks.

While I'm taking my shower she is exceptionally good. She stands by the shower door, brushing her teeth, and waiting. She may say, "Hi," or "Mommy," but most of the time she just stands there quietly, waiting for me. As soon as she hears the water turn off she grabs my towel and holds it out for me to take it. It melts my heart everytime; I just want to cry. It's just a true expression of her heart, that she would stand there for 5 minutes (a long time for a 16 month old) and wait, just so she could help me with my towel. Oh I love it...I love her.

I was thinking about this the other day and wondering why she started doing this. Then it dawned on me, sometime she had seen her Daddy do this. He always hands me my towel when I finish my shower. She has a giving heart just like her Daddy, and he gets it from his Heavenly Daddy. She wants to be just like him, just like Al wants to be just like Him.

6 comments:

The Durham's said...

This is so sweet Angie!! What wonderful role-models she has:)

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! I loved the sonogram pictures. I can't believe you will have another cutie running around before too long.

Hulsey Fam said...

You gotta a mighty good man, and a precious little one... what blessings our Father so freely gives...I love the Buster Family:) Brenley has a great role model in her momma too:)

The Hunters said...

so sweet ang~ You and Al ARE wonderful examples of Christ for Brenley. So no wonder she is so sweet and tender hearted!

Anonymous said...

cute story angie :)

the berres said...

i am crying. that is so sweet