Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas!

This has been another eventful year for the Busters. We joyfully went from a family a three to a family of four by welcoming our new daughter, Brooklyn Mallory Buster. She was born on October 16 at 2:10pm, weighing 6lb 11oz and 18 ½ inches long. She is perfect in every way! We couldn’t ask for a better baby as she sleeps all the time and has slept really well at night since the beginning. This last week she started smiling and cooing at us and it is so sweet. She is a joy and is such a blessing to our family.

Al has had a busy year. He is still teaching Geometry at Everman High School. He finished up the last school year with a huge jump in TAKS scores, something he was very proud of. He has also become quite the handy man. He mows yards for a few people on our street and has been mowing yards all over Ft. Worth for a friend. He has built a few fences and is always working on some odd jobs around the house. Somewhere in there he also finds time to work for a State Farm agent in the summer, play in a softball league at church, and hunt and fish. Plus he manages to spend a lot of time at home too, loving on all his girls. He is a wonderful Daddy and husband!

Brenley is now two years old and has a sweet, gentle personality. We are so excited that we saw the Lord move and heal Brenley’s feet this year. She is out of her orthopedic shoes and now wears a pair of tennis shoes on the wrong feet to help maintain her straight feet. God is so good! Brenley has developed quite a vocabulary that blows us away. She is a walking recorder and will repeat everything we say. Lately she has been pointing out all the “kissmas decorations.” She says it so well. We can usually find her somewhere playing with her babies and snapping them into Brooklyn’s car seat and swing. She has become a wonderful big sister. She loves her “Bookin” and is a big helper to Mommy. We are so proud of the sweet little girl she is turning out to be.

This has been a year full of babies for me. I was able to watch four other babies during the week. I had a perfect schedule and usually had Fridays off. In addition to all my babies, I had my sweet baby growing inside me. I love being pregnant and am blessed with easy pregnancies. I love all my kids that I keep, but sadly I had to let a few of them go to make room for Brooklyn and another new born. Starting in January I will have two 2 year olds and 2 newborns, 3 days a week. I will have my hands full, but it’s a wonderful way to get to stay home with my girls! I wouldn’t trade it for the world. They are such a joy to me.

We love you all and are blessed with such wonderful friends and family. You enrich our lives. Many of you, even though we live far apart, you are never far from our thoughts. We pray that you have a blessed Christmas and that you experience the love and grace of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Blessings,

Al, Angie, Brenley, and Brooklyn Buster

1 comments:

nonni and pops said...

Angie I'm glad you found our blog:) We were all so blessed to have your family in Elliot's life, but yes we are very happy to have them back home!! May God richly bless you guys in 2010. Sandy