Monday, May 11, 2009

What a Day!

If this wasn't the best day, then it was pretty darn close! We had the most amazing day yesterday. We started off with early church. The service was awesome and we got to see a lot of friends afterwards. Then we came home so Brenley could take a nap, while Mommy got to lay down on the couch and watch a movie (perfect!)

After nap time we went out to lunch at Cotton Patch with my Mom and Dad to celebrate Mother's Day. We had a Mother's Day dinner for my Mom on Friday night when my brother-in-law Phillip was in town for the night, and Danny and Amber came over. So, we had already done the big thing for Mom, this was just for fun :)


After lunch we stopped at Sonic for Happy Hour drinks and then ran by the house to pick up the dog, because we were off to the park! We tried out a new park we'd never been to. Brenley LOVED it! It was hot and muggy, but we had a great time.

After the park we didn't really know what to do. Al had a few things he wanted to do in the back yard, so Brenley and I came out to help ;) This turned out to be the best part of the day. Brenley was getting pretty wet from me watering the new sod and plants, so we decided to strip her down and turn on the sprinkler. Oh my gosh, she loved it! She freaked out when we turned it on high, but she had a blast in the water, running around naked!!! Al and I loved it too. I think we might have to do this every day this summer!

Once dinner time rolled around we all went inside to eat dinner, give Brenley a bath and put her to bed. Al and I had a few things to do in the garage after she went to bed, but it was fun working outside with him. Like I said, it was a perfect day with my family. I love spring, and I love watching Brenley play. I wish we could do this every day! Brenley playing in the tunnels at the park.


She loved the tire swing. We thought she might be too small for it, but she held on really well. She kept saying, "Wee, wee!" So fun!

Brenley loves to swing

This is the beautiful hanging basket I got for Mother's Day from Al. It has so many different flowers in it, I love it!

Brenley playing in the sprinklers...so cute!


Washing her wagon

And finally I'll leave you with this...what a cute little hiney :)

3 comments:

Strange family said...

LOVE it! I'm glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I love being outside with my family. If Madison will ever walk we will have to try the sprinkler out!

The Hunters said...

I"m so glad you had such a fabulous day! You deserve it!
Maybe when I come over in June we'll let all the girls play outside! You have a great backyard for it!
Love you