Monday, May 18, 2009

Update on Doctors Appointments


It's been a while since I've updated you guys on the pregnancy, and I wanted to tell you what Brenley's orthopedic doctor said. So here it is...

Friday we went to Brenley's Orthopedic Dr. I was a little anxious about it because last time we were there he said if her feet don't change much by the next appoinment he wanted to look into surgery. We are NOT ready for surgery, so I was prepared to say no. But the PA came in and looked at her feet and was very encouraged that her inside tendons are still soft and flexible. This means that they are able to stretch and correct themselves. I told him that I've been praying over her feet everyday and that I believe Jesus is going to heal them and he was in agreement. I was so excited!


Then the doctor came in and he said the same thing as the PA. They both think that as she grows her feet will strengthen and straighten out. He just wants her to continue to wear her shoes (which is fine, but they are $100 shoes and she's about to be on her third pair!!) and continue to stretch her feet every day. There isn't anything else we can do...except pray of course!!! So, it was a good appointment. We will go see him again right before the baby is born. Hopefully Jesus will work a miracle before then :)


It's been a while since I've mentioned anything about my pregnancy. I wish I had a picture because my belly is starting to pooch out. Depending on what I'm wearing I look pregnant. I'll post a picture soon. I am feeling really good. I am in the glory days of the pregnancy. I have a lot of energy, sleep really well at night, and I'm not sick anymore. I never had morning sickness as bad some girls get it, but I felt pretty yucky for a few months. Now I just eat a lot, but whats new :)

I am 17 weeks pregnant which means the baby is about 5 inches long from head to bottom. It's about as long as my outstretched hand and weighs about 3 oz I think. I still haven't felt the baby move, but I'm expecting to any day now. We have a sonogram scheduled for June 11th to find out what this baby is. If it's a boy (which I think it is) we will name him Weston Alfred, but we don't have a girl's name picked out.

I think that's about it. Brenley is waking up from a nap. We are in the middle of switching from 2 naps to 1. Today she is taking two because she was pretty cranky this morning. So now it's lunch time, then we're off to the park with Macy and Elliot. I hope you all have a wonderful spring day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be in total agreement with you on Brenly's feet healing. I believe that God is way bigger than any medicine, and we will see healing come to this sweet girl.

It is so fun hearing about the new baby. It is hard to imagine. I still think of Brenly as a baby, but I'm sure she has grown up so much since last time we saw you guys. We will be in Ft. Worth soon for a wedding so maybe we can see you guys then. Oh I love the name Weston Alfred! Adorable.

Strange family said...

I'm so glad you posted about Brenley's appt. I've been praying every day since last week! And will continue to do so!

I'm glad you're feeling good and this pregnancy is going well! :)

Anonymous said...

Angie-that is great news! I have been praying for a good report from the doctor. Sounds like our prayers have been answered! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I am going to post a picture of some pieces of Kyler's bedding! It is turning out so cute!! Email me if you want the website from my inspiration room! I love the name Weston!! It was on my list too!! Take care....Amber

Anonymous said...

Angie-that is great news! I have been praying for a good report from the doctor. Sounds like our prayers have been answered! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I am going to post a picture of some pieces of Kyler's bedding! It is turning out so cute!! Email me if you want the website from my inspiration room! I love the name Weston!! It was on my list too!! Take care....Amber

The Looney Kids said...

That is awesome Angie! What a testament to how faithful He is! Can't wait to find out what you're having ;)

The Durham's said...

Praise the Lord. Angie!! When HE took authority on the cross, HE meant business forevermore!! Rejoicing with you guys:)