Friday, September 19, 2008

Grandma Ruth

Today is a sad day for the Ruth family. They put my Grandma (My Dad's Mom) in a nursing home today. She has had dementia for many years and it just continues to get worse. She is 88, almost 89 and my Grandpa is 86, but he's in great health. He just couldn't take care of her anymore. She was in the hospital the last week for complications with her medicine and some pneumonia, but Grandpa and the doctors decided it was best to move her to the "Country Club." They have many friends in the nursing home, but Grandma still wants to be home. This will be a hard adjustment on them both. They have been married for 62 years and have a precious story. I know it's best for both of them, but I'm sure they are both sad. If you think about it, would you pray for them? Thanks, I know they're going to need it in the next few weeks.
Brenley got to meet her Great Grandparents this summer. They loved her!!!

5 comments:

The Dillards said...

Oh, Angie, I am so sorry for them. I will definitely say an extra special prayer for them!

The Durham's said...

I'm sorry Angie. They look precious:) We will be praying for everyone.

The Looney Kids said...

We'll definitely keep them in our prayers, what a great example of a great marriage.

mimipam said...

hey ang--I know from my own heart how difficult this is...we are facing the same situation with my parents at any moment. My mom has alzheimer's and the progression has really accelerated the past 2 years. Dad just won't give up yet--he is still keeping her at home. My heart is soooo heavy each time I visit or talk to them. I miss my mom so much...she really has no idea that I am her daughter.
So all I can say is be gentle and comfort each other during this tough transition time--I will keep you all in my heart and prayers. love always mimipam

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how hard it is...my grandmother is in a nursing home as well. There are days that she doesn't know my mom (her daughter). I talked to her the other day and she asked about all of my kids...I just went along with it. I will keep your family in my prayers, as I know how difficult this time is.
Much Love,
Amber