Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Car Seat Shopping


Brenley and I have been all over to Target, Wal-Mart, and Babies R Us looking for a big girl car seat. I'm not sure how much she weighs, but she weighed 17lbs at 7 months, so I'm sure she's getting close to 20lbs. I put Brenley in a couple of car seats and she loved it. She just smiled and looked all around, checking them all out. She loved the cup holders :)

This picture below is one that I thought that I wanted, but I've changed my mind for a couple of different reasons. Now I'm looking at the picture on top. I found it used on Craigs list and the lady said it is spotless, never been in a wreck, of course it's a whole lot cheaper, and it reclines!!! Al is going to go check it out for me tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions on car seats? I'm all ears!

Happy girl in the big car seat!!!


4 comments:

The Dillards said...

Angie, I don't have any suggestions as we are now in a highback booster, but my goodness, Brenley is so flipping adorable! I just can believe she is all ready for a "big girl" carseat! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. We can't not wait to see y'all we are not getting there until Saturday afternoon, so let me know where your plans are on Saturday.

Also, let me know what you find out about car seats. I don't think Madi is old enough yet, but she already weighs 19 lbs. and she is almost too long for her little one.

The Brambletts said...

Hi Angie, We bought our boys a Britax car seat. They are much more pricier than some others, but before I bought them, I did a lot of research on line about car seats. It seemed like everywhere I went, people kept saying that Britax was the best car seat. There were also so many stories about being in accidents (some severe) where everyone sustained injuries, however, the child had no injuries what so ever. So, that's my recommendation. It's pricey, but the ones I got the boys will last until they just need like a booster seat. When you think about how long it will last, it cuts the cost down significantly. Hope this helps. Sure enjoy your blog. Brenley is just adorable!!! Julia

The Thomas Family said...

There is the national transportation and safety board (NTSB) web site that I looked at and they actually rate car seats and the such. It was very helpful.