The day Brenley had been dreaming about for so long finally came. I woke up and got myself ready before the girls got up. She woke up early and she was ready to go right that minute. The morning went by quickly with breakfast, getting dressed and of course the first day of school pics. But we still had time to kill. Brenley was so anxious to go but I kept having to stall her.
Once we got there everything was going so smooth. The first day they let the parents walk the kids into the room and get them settled. We put her stuff up, found her seat and she got started on a coloring page. I thought she was good so I kissed her goodbye but she grabbed my arm and begged me to stay. So we stuck around and watched her color for a while but more and more parents were leaving and I knew it was time to go. I tried to leave again but she wouldn't let go of my arm. She was calm and quiet but had a death grip on my arm. I knew she would be fine once I left, it's just the leaving thats hard. So I got one of her teachers to come over and talk to her to distract her as Brooklyn and I made our way to the door. She did great that day and loved every single second of preschool. I had a rough time though. As Brooklyn and I walked down the hall and out of the church it was all I could do to hold back the tears. I even had to pick Brooklyn up and kind of hide my face behind her so no one could see my quivering chin and watery eyes. Once we got to the car I was a goner. I cried all the way to my moms house and then when she asked me how it went I lost it all over again. I finally got myself together and was so happy to see my girl at the end of the day.
Brenley is flourishing in preschool. She was Queen of the Week last week and can't stop talking about how much she loves it. We've seen big changes in her behavior and in her maturity. It's only been three weeks and it's already been a great thing. I love seeing her so happy and learning so much.
Here are my beautiful girls. Bren wanted her sister in her picture too. Makes her mama happy :)
My big girl on her very first day of school!
Coloring at her seat (There's nothing wrong with her hair, it's the top of the boy's head behind her)
We celebrated her first day with some frozen yogurt!
Little sister loves it too!
We are so very proud of our precious Brenley Ruth Buster!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment