I stole this idea from my sister, to write a blog about all the things my kids can do. So first up is Brenley.
She is our spunky two, almost three year old who loves to try new things and loves to help Mommy and Daddy. Here are some of the newest things she has learned to do.
Brenley can...
Dive down to the bottom of the pool and pick up three diving sticks at a time. I think she's even picked up four at a time, but she is consistent with three! She LOVES to swim!
She is our spunky two, almost three year old who loves to try new things and loves to help Mommy and Daddy. Here are some of the newest things she has learned to do.
Brenley can...
Dive down to the bottom of the pool and pick up three diving sticks at a time. I think she's even picked up four at a time, but she is consistent with three! She LOVES to swim!

Help Mommy make pancakes or cookies or brownies. Brenley is great at pouring the ingredients in and stirring them all up.

Cut up paper with her very own scissors. We are working on cutting on a line, but she's doing fabulous at just cutting paper!
(She also loves to be naked! This is how she was most of the time around house...naked!)

Fold towels. This is another one of her favorite things to do. She will fold up a stack of towels and pretend they are something like books or pizzas or pancakes. She's got quite an imagination.
She is also very neat and like to smooth out the towel to make sure it's nice and flat so it looks perfect!

PAINT! She would paint every day if I let her. This paint job required a bath when it was over. I have hung a few of her masterpieces on the fridge and she was very proud of them and she showed her Daddy over and over when he got home!

Cut hair. She remembers every single detail of her last hair cut. She repeats every step to us. She puts the blanket on our shoulders, wets our hair (she's pretending with the sippy cup), and tells us to look down at the floor at the stickers (her stylists have stickers at the bottom of the little car she sits in). She will say, "Okay, what kind of stickers do you see Daddy? Do you see a giraffe? Good boy! Do you see a doggie? Good job Daddy!" It's so cute. Then she cuts our hair and praises us all the way through at what a good job we are doing sitting so still. I LOVE IT! She remembers everything, just like her Daddy. She can't wait to go get another hair cut again.
(For those of you who knew me when I was young...I hope she doesn't take after her mommy's hair cutting skills!)

Pour beans into bowls. She enjoys playing with beans and transferring them from one bowl to another. Then she pretends it's cereal or something to eat.

Pump her legs on the swing. Although the picture doesn't really show it, she can pump her legs to make herself go. She would rather have us push her, but she'll master it soon enough and be able to go really high on her own. And she can also use the big kid swing, but most of the time she likes this one the best.

We love our sweet Brenley. She makes us laugh all the time and we are constantly amazed at all that she can do and all that she knows. There are many more things that she can do, but these are the ones with pictures to go along with them.
But here's one more. The other day I was in the car with the girls and a worship song came on. Out of the blue she says, "Mommy, will you worship Jesus with me?" I melted right there and I started crying. I hadn't taught her that, but she had learned how to worship in church. My darling daughter can do so many wonderful things, but the one that matters most is that she takes time to worship our King. Her childlike faith blows me away. I thank you Jesus that my girls have a heart for you!
We think she is the most precious two, almost three year old girl! We love you so very much Brenley Ruth Buster!
But here's one more. The other day I was in the car with the girls and a worship song came on. Out of the blue she says, "Mommy, will you worship Jesus with me?" I melted right there and I started crying. I hadn't taught her that, but she had learned how to worship in church. My darling daughter can do so many wonderful things, but the one that matters most is that she takes time to worship our King. Her childlike faith blows me away. I thank you Jesus that my girls have a heart for you!
We think she is the most precious two, almost three year old girl! We love you so very much Brenley Ruth Buster!


0 comments:
Post a Comment