As you probably read in the previous post, my Grandma Ruth passed away on Wednesday, July 21st. She had been taken to the hospital earlier that day because she was unresponsive. The doctors said she had dehydration and pneumonia. This is one on the many times this past year or so that she'd been in the hospital for these same things, but she had always bounced back. I guess this time she was tired of fighting.
She died peacefully and my Grandpa was there with her when she took her last breath. I don't know that I've ever witnessed something as heart wrenching as seeing my Grandpa cry. We were there when he saw her in her casket for the last time and he said through his tears, "I just want to take her home."
They were married for 63 years and lived a very blessed life. My Grandma had been in the nursing home for two years or so. Every single day, my Grandpa would get up early to go and eat breakfast with Grandma. He would stay all day until 8 or so at night. He would go home and go to bed, only to do it all over again the next day. He did not want to be without her. Wow! What love and devotion!
My sweet Grandma was 90 years old and was loved by many. We will miss her.
Here are some of the pictures I took of the weekend.
Brooklyn loved Grandpa Bob. He is such a special man!
She died peacefully and my Grandpa was there with her when she took her last breath. I don't know that I've ever witnessed something as heart wrenching as seeing my Grandpa cry. We were there when he saw her in her casket for the last time and he said through his tears, "I just want to take her home."
They were married for 63 years and lived a very blessed life. My Grandma had been in the nursing home for two years or so. Every single day, my Grandpa would get up early to go and eat breakfast with Grandma. He would stay all day until 8 or so at night. He would go home and go to bed, only to do it all over again the next day. He did not want to be without her. Wow! What love and devotion!
My sweet Grandma was 90 years old and was loved by many. We will miss her.
Here are some of the pictures I took of the weekend.
Brooklyn loved Grandpa Bob. He is such a special man!
My cousin's girls, Sydney and Lauren. Hard to believe these beautiful young ladies were the flower girls in our wedding.
This high chair was my grandpa's when he was a baby and he said it was a hand me down then...it's pretty old but is in great shape.
The kids were running around playing at the church. They had no idea why we were there, they were just happy to be together.
My Grandpa used to own the Browns shoe store in Warrensburg, MO. Growing us we would always go there at Christmas and summer to get fitted for a new pair of shoes. This guy Mike has owned it now for many years since Grandpa retired, but he was happy to fit the new crew for some shoes too.






1 comments:
Sorry to hear about your loss, your family looks as amazing as I remember and such cute kids now! My blog is http://theminifitzfamily.blogspot.com/
Hope to stay in touch!
Post a Comment