Saturday, October 24, 2009

Since We've Been Home

Since We've Been Home

Brooklyn has been such a great baby. She sleeps A LOT!!! Every day her awake times are a little bit longer, but most of the time she is either asleep or eating. She's a great nurser too, if I can just get her to stay awake :)

We have LOVED every moment of this last week. It's been so fun hanging out at home, all 4 of us. Al has been a life saver. I am so blessed with a husband who is willing to take a week off of work and stay home to take care of us. He gets up in the middle of the night if I need him to, he takes care of Brenley's every need, and he makes time to love on his new little daughter. He is amazing! We are both dreading Monday when he has to go back to work. Thank goodness my mom lives 2 miles from us, she will help out a lot with Brenley. I still can't pick her up much which makes it kind of hard, but it will keep getting better.

Everyone said that things are easier with your second baby. I had a hard time believing them because now you have two babies. But they were right. It's much easier. I don't freak out about much and it's okay if she has to cry for a minute before I can get to her. I'm much more laid back the second time around.

Here are a few pictures of what we've been doing this week. I'll post another blog soon about what Al and Brenley have been doing...they've been busy. But Brooklyn and I have been taking it really easy. I think I've watched more TV this week than I have in 2 years (before Brenley was born).

Thank you all for all you love and support. We are blessed with great friends and family. We love you all!


This is where Brooklyn hangs out a lot. On the counter in her bouncer. I put her on the counter so Brenley and Carley will stay out of her face :)Brenley trying to climb up on the counter to see Brooklyn...too cute!

Daddy and all his girls...even Carley!

Mommy and Brooklyn. This is what we do A LOT! She falls asleep in the middle of nursing, so I do everything I can to wake her back up, including taking off her clothes. It doesn't always work, but she's precious none the less. Look at that smile, she must have been having a sweet dream.

5 comments:

the Schusters said...

So sweet!! Congratulations! Brooklyn looks like Brenley. So glad to hear everything is going well (and that the 2nd is easier...)

Reese Family said...

How precious! You just thought you took lots of pictures with Brenley...but now I'm sure you really can't put the camera down! :) And you shouldn't want to! Your family is beautiful, and so are you!

I agree that the mommy instincts are so much easier to listen for the second time around! Plus you've had lots of other good practice with the babies you've kept at home!

So glad ya'll are doing well and taking it easy! love ya'll!

The Thomas Family said...

We can't wait to see come and see Brooklyn! Just waiting until we are all over our colds and coughs before we call you to come by...hope to see ya soon :)

Erin said...

She is adorable and it looks like Brenley is enjoying her! I am so excited for you and AL, what a blessing!

The Durham's said...

Oh, this is too precious!! Even the exhausting moments are so worth it:) Bless you guys!!