While we were in Missouri we took a road trip across the state to see our Grandparents. My Dad's parents live in Warrensburg and my Mom's Mom lives in Cameron. Both towns are within about an hour of Kansas City. We grew up going there a few times a year, but as we've gotten older it's harder to get there.
On Wednesday we loaded up the girls and headed to Warrensburg to see my Dad's parents. The girls were so good in the car. Once we got there they were ready to move around, but as you can imagine Great Grandparent's houses are not very baby proofed. Thank goodness they have a wonderful screened in back porch that the girls could run/crawl around and play without getting into much. We were only able to spend a few hours there because it was nap time for the girls and I'm pretty sure Grandma and Grandpa were ready for a nap too!
We hopped back in the car and drove a little over an hour to Cameron to see Grandma Griffin. Her house was much easier to get around. She had done a nice job of picking up...thanks Grandma! My Uncle Jim (one of Mom's brothers) came over from Kansas City to see us, but unfortunately we didn't take any pictures with him.
The girls slept great at Grandma's house. We were so blessed to have my cousin's pack n play, my Aunt Anne's pack n play, and one of my mom's friends brought hers over too. It was so great because we did not have room in the car for 3 pack n plays. Such a blessing! I told my Grandma that I don't know what we'd do without those beds and she said the girls would just have to sleep on the floor like we did when we were kids. I can't imagine Brenley sleeping on the floor, I think she'd roll all the way across the room.
It was great to see my Grandparents, but it's sad to see them getting older. I know this is just a fact of life, but it doesn't make it any easier. It was so sad when we said goodbye to my Grandma Ruth, she started crying. It felt like it might be the last time we see her. Her health hasn't been good the past few years. My Grandpa does a great job of taking care of her, but I think it's getting harder. They've been married for 62 years, they are precious!
Well here are the pictures of our sweet babies with our sweet grandparents.
Brenley crashed out in the car (of course she has her puppy)
Avery and Atley also crashed out in the car (they have their lambs)
Grandma and Grandpa Ruth with the girls
Brenley with her Great Grandparents
Grandma Griffin and Brenley
4 Generations!!! (Mom, Brenley and I are all the first born, and all girls of course)
Hanging out in Grandpa Great's yard
2 comments:
love all the pics ang! thanks for documenting our fun week! Love you and thanks again for coming! Wish we could do it more often!
shell
Angie, I love that you guys dress them alike! They are all so cute!
Post a Comment