Many of you who have dogs know what an expense it can be to get them groomed every 6-8 weeks. Well, since we have a tight budget, I had been putting off Carley's haircut and she was starting to get a little shaggy. She looked cute all furry, but since the weather had warmed up, she was getting hot. Tricia, Macy's mom, told me that she grooms her dog herself. So after some though I decided to attempt to groom Carley as well. I knew it wouldn't look as good as the groomers did, but I figured it couldn't hurt. The cost of the clippers and nail trimmers was still cheaper than a trip to the groomer.
It took me a few tries to get the clippers to work. Carley was not very happy with me, so I had to cut her in sections. It took me a couple of days to get it all done, but I am pleased with the final product. Hopefully I will get better each time I try to groom her. So, here are the pictures to document my adventure.
Carley before the hair cut





3 comments:
you make me laugh out loud:) you are precious...
Angie, I think you did a great job! Anything is better than the wasting money on the groomer! Carley looks terrific!
We groom our bichons also. I have a special grooming table too. You are welcome to use it. It helps keep them in place and not kill your back. You could bring her over and we'll groom all three :)
Post a Comment