This was what my house looked like today at 12:30. Brenley was working on her second nap of the day, Macy was asleep in her swing (her prefect little napping spot), and the dogs were crashed out on the couch. I thought about taking a nap myself, but then I would be sleeping on the job and I had some things I needed to get done around the house, plus kill some time creating this blog :)
It is such a beautiful day. When these sleeping beauties wake up I may just take all of them on a walk, even the dogs. Until then I will enjoy the peace and quiet.
I've got the back door open, a praise and worship CD on...it's wonderful, I feel so encouraged! Today I woke up burdened about our finances and went straight to the word. I felt like the Lord told me to read the book of James. I haven't finished it all yet, but I am encouraged by what he said about having faith.
James 1:2-4, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
I've read this verse many times, but it's so wonderful how the Lord will give me a verse to claim in hard times. We serve an amazing and faithful God. My faith is lacking most of the time, but he is still faithful to me. I wish I weren't so stubborn. I wish I could say that I go straight to the word whenever I feel down, but I don't. I don't know why I don't either, because He never fails. He always has something good to give me. He is such a gracious God and longs for me to come to Him. Thank you Lord for loving me despite my faults and failures, and for always being so faithful!!! I hope that you can find some time to spend in His word today. He's got something He wants to give you!




2 comments:
I appreciated your blog entry. Faith that is tested means so much more...
I love those days when everything comes together and you can truly praise Him for all you have! Your sleeping beauties are so precious!
Post a Comment