Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sick Baby

My poor baby has not been feeling very good this week. She caught her first cold. My parents were really sick for a week or two, Dad even got pneumonia. Al and I didn't get it, but sweet Brenley did. She has had a runny nose, watery eyes and an awful cough. She cough so hard she wakes herself up during her naps. I hate it for her.

Al and I were the typical nervous new parents, so we called on my trusty best friend, Aunt Sabby. She is a critical care nurse at Cook Childrens Hospital, so she knows what she's talking about when it comes to sick babies. She brought over her stethescope and listened to her. She told us all the things to look for and even taught us how to use the sucker thing on her nose and mouth, I was doing it wrong. She told us to go get a humidifier, wow that thing is wonderful! She's been coming over every day to check on her. She's a wonderful friend...Thanks Sab!

I think Brenley is getting better, but she still has lots of junk in her throat that makes her cough. I'm ready for it to be gone for good. Sorry I don't have any pictures of her, the cord to download the pictures is still at my parents. I'll get it soon so you can see our sweet baby girl!

1 comments:

The Looney Kids said...

I do just hate it for them, this week has been extremely difficult (see me last few blogs :) ) but we are getting better! I hope Brenley's getting better too! Maybe we'll see you guys at a play group soon!