Okay, it's official...we have spoiled our daughter. We have LOVED having a baby so much that we have held her ALL the time. Since I am nursing her, I get the joy of holding her the majority of the time and of course she sleeps with us at night. And as many of you know, we have been living with my parents, so whenever I need a break there's usually someone around to hold her. I had heard so many people say you can't spoil a baby, hold her as much as you want. Well I took that to heart and held her and loved her all the time. Holding Brenley is wonderful. I love to hear her breath, to smell her, and snuggle with her, but when I need to get something done it would be nice to lay her down for a little bit. She will lay down on her back when she's awake and kick and play for a good 10 minutes. That's 10 quality minutes for mommy to get something done. But when she's asleep, she doesn't want to be left alone. Many times I will hold her for a good 10 minutes after she's fallen asleep, thinking she is out. It should not be a big deal to just lay her down in her crib or on the couch, right? Wrong! A few minutes after I lay her down, she's crying, wanting to be held again, only to fall right back to sleep in my arms.
Well, the other day a miracle happened. She took a good, long nap in her crib!!! We had a breakthrough! So, of course I had to take some pictures to document the occasion. Now since this wonderful nap, she has had a few other good naps on the couch, but the majority of the time she thinks it's best to be loved in someone's arms...who can blame her, we all like to be held.
Well, the other day a miracle happened. She took a good, long nap in her crib!!! We had a breakthrough! So, of course I had to take some pictures to document the occasion. Now since this wonderful nap, she has had a few other good naps on the couch, but the majority of the time she thinks it's best to be loved in someone's arms...who can blame her, we all like to be held.




1 comments:
Angie, you did a great job with your blog! And Brenley looks so big! She is so sweet, and beautiful! How precious she is asleep in her crib. Hope it happens more often!
Shelly
Post a Comment