Well, Brenley went to the doctor on Thursday. Her 2 month check-up went great! I'm happy to say she is perfectly healthy! She weighs a whopping 12.1 lbs and is 22.8 inches long. She's grown 3 inches since her first doctor's visit and 5 lbs!!! Way to go Brenley.
We were a little worried about her feet. She is very pigeon toed. We noticed it at birth, but thought they would straighten out. Well, they haven't, so I had the doctor look at her. He said there is absolutely nothing wrong with her feet, it is very normal for newborns feet to turn in. They should straighten out in the next 2 months.
She has a little cradle cap on her head, but her baby acne has cleared up for now. She's absolutely perfect!!!
She's starting to really like her toys
The doctor also asked me a big question, "Is she sleeping on her back?" I had to be honest, so I quietly shook my head no. To my response he also shook his head. He said since the 1994 campaign to have babies sleep on their backs, they have reduced the risk of SIDS by 90%...Wow, that's a lot! He also said that 2 months of age is the prime time for SIDS. Well, his little speech worked, thanks Dr. Benzick!
I had been letting Brenley sleep on her stomach because she slept so much better there. On her back she would jump and startle herself awake. I knew there was a risk, but I figured there were so many babies who slept on their stomachs for years, it wouldn't hurt Brenley. But, after the Doctor's visit, I changed my mind and she hasn't slept on her stomach since. He said she could sleep on her side instead. It took a couple of days for her to get used to it, but now she's sleeping like a baby :) It's nice for me too because now I don't run up and check on her all the time. The picture below is one of Brenley sleeping in a changing table. We have it in the living room for her to lay on. She also took many naps in it so we could watch her while she slept, that was until the Dr., now she can nap all the time in her crib :)



2 comments:
oh ang! i miss her so much! i want to pick her up and squeeze her! she looks like your baby pictures~
shell
we love you aunt angie, cousin brenley and uncle al!
love, atley and avery
Way to go Brenley! She's growing so fast! I hope she continues to sleep better for you! That's funny about the changing pad--Mikayla slept on one instead of her crib for the first few months of her life :) See you next week
Post a Comment