We had a great Easter this year. We went to church Saturday evening so we would miss the big crowds on Sunday. It was still an awesome service, but really every service at our church is awesome. I am always amazed by the presence of the Lord during worship. I could do praise and worship for hours every day!
Back to Easter... Sunday we got to sleep in (my girls have been AMAZING at this lately...sometimes until 8:30am...I LOVE IT!!!) and take our time getting ready. About noon we went and picked up my parents and drove out to Prosper to see our favorite family friends who are more like family, the Harts and Swaffords. We have known the Swaffords since I was like 4 or 5. We lived across the street from them in Columbia, MO. We've known the Harts since I was in First grade, when we lived in Plano (I think). They are wonderful friends and we always have a great time with them.
The Swaffords just moved into a new house in Prosper and have a lot of land...great for their grandkids. Brenley had a ball hunting for eggs. The big girls had an egg hunt in the back yard and Brenley had the whole front yard all to herself. Her bag was overflowing. After it was over Brenley shared a lot of her eggs with the other girls. She had so much candy and she didn't take a nap, so on the way home she talked the whole time and kept kicking her legs. She was pretty wired!
It was a wonderful Easter. Good food, good friends and family, but most importantly it's such a special day to celebrate that our King is alive! We praise you Jesus for the work you did on the cross! Thank You for loving me so much that you sacrificed it all! We serve a mighty and powerful God who overcame the grave! Wow! May we praise Him for it everyday, not just on Easter.
One other story, a few weeks before Easter Brenley was sitting on the floor playing with her toys and out of the blue she looked up at me and said, "Jesus is alive Mommy!" I was overwhelmed! She is learning that Jesus is alive and lives in our hearts. At first she would lift up her shirt and say Jesus is in my tummy. It was precious! Last night at dinner she was rubbing her chest and said, "Jesus is in my heart."
I pray that Jesus lives in your heart as well and that you know our living God who loves you so much that He gave it all up for you!
Back to Easter... Sunday we got to sleep in (my girls have been AMAZING at this lately...sometimes until 8:30am...I LOVE IT!!!) and take our time getting ready. About noon we went and picked up my parents and drove out to Prosper to see our favorite family friends who are more like family, the Harts and Swaffords. We have known the Swaffords since I was like 4 or 5. We lived across the street from them in Columbia, MO. We've known the Harts since I was in First grade, when we lived in Plano (I think). They are wonderful friends and we always have a great time with them.
The Swaffords just moved into a new house in Prosper and have a lot of land...great for their grandkids. Brenley had a ball hunting for eggs. The big girls had an egg hunt in the back yard and Brenley had the whole front yard all to herself. Her bag was overflowing. After it was over Brenley shared a lot of her eggs with the other girls. She had so much candy and she didn't take a nap, so on the way home she talked the whole time and kept kicking her legs. She was pretty wired!
It was a wonderful Easter. Good food, good friends and family, but most importantly it's such a special day to celebrate that our King is alive! We praise you Jesus for the work you did on the cross! Thank You for loving me so much that you sacrificed it all! We serve a mighty and powerful God who overcame the grave! Wow! May we praise Him for it everyday, not just on Easter.
One other story, a few weeks before Easter Brenley was sitting on the floor playing with her toys and out of the blue she looked up at me and said, "Jesus is alive Mommy!" I was overwhelmed! She is learning that Jesus is alive and lives in our hearts. At first she would lift up her shirt and say Jesus is in my tummy. It was precious! Last night at dinner she was rubbing her chest and said, "Jesus is in my heart."
I pray that Jesus lives in your heart as well and that you know our living God who loves you so much that He gave it all up for you!




0 comments:
Post a Comment