Advice Anyone???
We are planning to start potty training Brenley this weekend. After hanging out with her big girl cousins for three months, she wants to go potty all the time! She's really good at it, I just hope she's ready to do it all the time.
So, all of you who have been through this before, do you have any advice for me???
I'll keep you all posted on how it goes :)
We are planning to start potty training Brenley this weekend. After hanging out with her big girl cousins for three months, she wants to go potty all the time! She's really good at it, I just hope she's ready to do it all the time.
So, all of you who have been through this before, do you have any advice for me???
I'll keep you all posted on how it goes :)


3 comments:
haha i love that picture! she's so cute!
my advice is:
1. start a routine of sitting on the potty every night before going to bed and/or at nap times.
2. praise or reward (anything that motivate her ex. one M&M everytime she sits on potty or goes potty)
3. if she doesnt want to sit on it...then no big deal. No attention if she doesnt sit on it...lots of attention if she does!
successful potty training will only work if you are reading and if she is ready! okay thats my "i dont have kids but thats my 2 cents" advice. haha. and and cute panties are always fun too!
good luck!
super cute picture! make sure and use it in her wedding video to show at the reception. That's what I did to Matt ;)
Well, we aren't completely there yet with the potty training. That's all my fault because I've been a little...well, lazy to deal with the messes. Everyone swears you can do it in three days though if you skip pull ups and go straight to panties and don't go anywhere for 3 days. At least that's the gist of the 3 day training. I think there's a book about it. Anyway, we've never done a reward system with Bekah except praise, and she doesn't know the difference. Getting to wear the panties and getting cheered for every time she goes has worked just fine - no m&m's, stickers, etc. Once in a while I will bribe her with getting to watch a movie but usually I don't have to. We are mostly just working on #2 in the potty and car rides/naps right now. :) Let me know what you learn and what works! Good Luck!
Post a Comment