Every day for the last nine months and nine days I have been keeping a record of everything that Brenley does. My sister gave me a thirteen month, baby calendar where I write down something every day. I may skip a few here and there and have to catch up, but by the time she turns one, her life will be very well documented.
In the back of this calendar is a page with all kinds of stickers on it. There are stickers for doctors appointments, grandma and grandpa time, holidays, special visitors and every milestone that a baby usually meets during their first year of life. I love using these stickers simply because it makes that event or milestone stand out on the page.
Well, today Brenley did something big...she took her first step!!! This was so exciting and I wanted to make sure I wrote it down. So I went to the back of the calendar to get the sticker only to realize that I don't have many stickers left. There are plenty of cheesy ones like the "special day" and "special visitor" and lots of "doctors visits" (only because we're not doing immunizations, so we haven't been to the Dr. as much). She also still has "first cereal", well I didn't feed her cereal, so that one stays. We won't use "holds bottle," because I could never get her to take a bottle. So after those, all she has left to do it get some teeth and walk. I think she will accomplish those before she turns one.
My point to all this talk about stickers is that I feel like Brenley is changing so fast. She drinks from a sipie cup, claps her hands, waves bye-bye, said her first word (which was bye-bye), feeds herself, stands alone, and now she took her first step. I've used up all those stickers just in August!!! My baby is growing up too fast! We've been to a few one-year-old's birthday parties lately and it just makes me realize that that will be Brenley really soon. It's so exciting, but I just want to savor all of it. I want to remember her like she is at every stage and at every sticker :)





1 comments:
YEA!!! What a milestone...that is a great idea...the calendar...i should probably get myself one!!
Post a Comment