Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Catching Up

Okay, Warning, this is going to be a long post. I have been a bad blogger lately. I feel like there is either SO much to blog about or nothing to blog about. Well as you will see by this enormous blog, we've had a lot going on lately. I will tell you the stories as you see the pictures :)
This is just a cute picture that I couldn't resist...she loves bath time. Look at that smile :)
08-08-08 was my Mom's birthday. We never go out to eat as a family, my Mom is a wonderful cook and the boys are pretty good on the grill, but we wanted to treat her on her special day. All the girls did so well at the restaurant...they got lots of attention. Happy Birthday Mom, I love you!!!
My Mom is a health nut, so instead of cake we got her an edible arrangement, she loved it! Of course we threw in a few chocolate covered strawberries. Even health nuts love chocolate!
We always make big trips to Costco, but with Shelly being 29 weeks pregnant and on moderate bed rest, she had to get one of the motorized carts. It was so funny to watch her. I'm sure she had many contractions in the store from laughing so hard. This is a regular thing for her lately, but it was so funny to see her scooting all around Costco. Look, she even got the one with the flag...just in case we lost her!
No one looks cuter in the scooter :)
My smiling baby. She was laughing at Aunt Shelly too ;)
Avery and Atley in the big cart together.

Brenley ate finger foods for the first time. I cut up cooked carrots and she loved them!
She's clapping! She can do "more" in sign language about 50% of the time. We say "more" and she touches her fingers together...she's so smart!
All I had left for Brenley to eat was zucchini, sweet potatoes, and carrots, the girl needs a little variety. So I made a late night trip to the grocery store last night. This is her pears, I was getting ready to do mangoes and then later today it's peas and green beans. Plus I got bananas and apple sauce. I think she's going to be stocked for a while.
Yesterday I had all four of my babies and Mom and Shelly brought the girls over, so we had 6 babies in one room. They were really good. The girls weren't here for very long, but I had to take a picture. It was so hard to get them to all look at me, you can barely see Macy, but you guys get the idea. Sunday we had an Engagement party for the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Ruth, my brother Danny and his fiance Amber Henson. They are getting married!!!! We love Amber and are so excited that she'll be part of our family. Aren't they a cute couple!!! The wedding will be in January, we can't wait! We love you guys so much!!!

Mommy and Brenely hanging out at the pool with our cool shades :)
Nana and Atley hanging out in the pool with their cool shades.
Mommy and Avery with their cool shades at the pool :)
Atley's mowing
Avery with bloomers on her head :)
We had so much fun with the Hunter girls here. They left early this morning and I am so sad. I love being with them. My sister is my best friend and I hate not being a part of their daily lives. Her girls are precious. They are well behaved, happy babies and will be wonderful big sisters to Canon.
I love you Hunters (that includes you too Phillip)!

6 comments:

The Durham's said...

SOOOO good to see you guys on Sunday! You looked beautiful as always:) Would love to catch up with you sometime:) Everytime we run into yall, Monty and I always say "we need to hang out with them SOON!" Bless you guys and thanks for sharing all the pictures...they were adorable!

The Hunters said...

me and mom just read through your blog. we were laughing so hard at the costco scooter part. all your pictures are great and thanks for thinking we are so fun to be around. we love you too and miss you bunches already!

Anonymous said...

Brenley is SO beautiful!!! She is growing so quickly! I can't believe that I have not had the opportunity to meet her yet...we will have to plan a trip up there very soon...or you could come out to Odessa....miss ya'll..Amber

Hulsey Fam said...

thanks for the fun blog it is great to catch up on the
Buster Bunch.. miss you guys and Brenley is growing so fast and is truely just soooooooo stinkin' cute:) love ya girl

Anonymous said...

Y'all look like you are having a great time! Brenley is so beautiful, and you look wonderful in your pictures. I mean you always look great! Can't wait to see you guys in Sweetwater.

The Ralston Family said...

Brenley is getting too big!! I can't believe it....Kendall needs to stay this size forever!