Thursday, May 26, 2011

My First 5K

I ran in my first 5K a few weeks ago. Our church hosted it and I signed up thinking I would just walk and have fun. But Al's sister Alice decided to come in from Abilene and run it. She has been running for a while now and has competed in quite a few 5Ks so she showed me the ropes and she encouraged me to run as much as I could. So, I ran and I did pretty well, a lot better than I thought I would. I see why people do these things all the time. It was a lot of fun!


My sweet family was there to cheer me on! It was such an encouragement to see them around the corner.

Alice and I after the race.
Blowing kisses to my family as I run by,



I hope to do another one soon. I would like to actually like to run the whole thing sometime :)

1 comments:

jaime mcnab said...

Great job Angie!!!! One leads to 2 which leads to more and more and more! :)