Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Going to the Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge!

This past weekend we headed out on a road trip to Kansas City. Thursday afternoon we loaded our stuff into my parent's car and headed to Plano to pick up Danny and Amber. Then we drove until we got to Joplin, MO that night. This was Brenley's first time to sleep in a hotel room and she did great...all three nights.

The next morning we got up and headed to meet my sister and her family and see my Grandparents. I don't have any pictures of that. I'll have to get some from my Mom and Sister, and I'll tell you about that part of our trip in another post.

After a day with both grandparents we went to The Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City, KS. We had the best time. Our girls got to do just about everything, even the big, fast slides. I think some people thought we were crazy for taking our kids on these huge slides with us, but the girls loved them! There is so many things for them to do. If you have kids, I HIGHLY recommend that you go. We had a blast! Thanks Mom and Dad for such a wonderful weekend. We love spending time with our family!!!

Okay, just a warning...there are a lot of pictures. I hope you enjoy!

Brenley loved the water. She becomes a different kid in the water...fearless!
Atley is a little fish too! She is right at home in the water.

Daddy playing in the kiddy pool ;)

I love this picture. She looks adorable!

Canon is such a cutie. He was great the whole weekend (except at night...poor Shelly didn't get much sleep)

Danny and Amber were troopers. They were a great help with all our kids.

Canon and Nana!

Avery had a really good time, despite the look on her face

Avery with her Mommy and Daddy

Aunt Angie and Avery right after she went down a slide

Brenley and Atley went down these slides countless times. They did really well on them.


Later that afternoon they had a 4th of July carnival. They had all kinds of games and a bounce hosue. I'll have pictures of that later as well.

0 comments: